RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) of Genesee, Lapeer & Shiawassee Counties is recruiting adults 55+ who may have a couple of hours a week to help their neighbors. RSVP matches volunteers with local organizations to make an impact where it’s needed most. Volunteer opportunities include: Mentoring children, assisting in Head Start Programs, companionship to lonely and/or isolated seniors, respite for caregivers, transporting seniors to medical appointments, and much, much more!
Benefits of joining RSVP under Senior Corps include:
- Excess auto liability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance while in service
- Recognition events
- Group activities and opportunities to meet new people
- Improved health; research shows people who volunteer are healthier and live longer
- Quarterly newsletter with community resources
Kathryn Boles, President/CEO of VAAA says, “Joining RSVP is a great way to become more active in your community and help others. Our volunteers are a valuable resource, and we cannot thank them enough for everything that they do.”
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about Valley Area Agency on Aging and the RSVP National Service program, please call us at (810) 600-0619.