- This event has passed.
Diabetes Self-Management Education for Older Adults
May 23 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:30pm on Wednesday, repeating until May 23, 2018
Diabetes Self-Management Education for Older Adults is designed to provide skills and tools to help people living with type 2 diabetes and their support system live a healthier life. It is a fun, interactive, six-week workshop led by certified leaders. One on one questions and answers are also provided by a Registered Dietician.
In this Workshop YOU will:
- Manage everyday activities by making an action plan
- Avoid Complications
- Learn to balance your blood sugar
- Improve communication skills with your family and your healthcare provider
- Understand the importance of monitoring your blood sugar
- Manage symptoms and decrease stress
- Improve your overall health and increase your energy!
To Register Contact:
Abbie Mars, Valley Area Agency On Aging at (810) 600-0633.
Snacks will be provided.